Himalayan Terminals pvt. ltd.
Sirsiya Dryport, ICD Birgunj, Parsa, nepal
(An ISO 9001:2008 Certified Company)
Ph. 051-590018, Ph. /Fax 051-590019
Notice – Applicable w.e.f. Poush 23 2074 (Jan 07, 2018)
Subject: Import of Iron & Steel Cargo into ICD, Birgunj
At the outset we would like to thank you for the interest you have shown in using ICD Birgunj (Dryport) for the import of iron and steel consignment.
We would like to inform you that the following tariff for handling of iron and steel cargo at ICD Birgunj will be applicable from Poush 23, 2074 (Jan 07, 2018). All rates mentioned in this notice are in Nepalese Rupees.
- THC of Iron Cargo (Billets/HR Coil/CR Coil/WR Coil/TMT Rods etc.) – NRs. 330 + VAT (Per MT)
- Rail Freight for Iron Cargo (Billets/HR Coil/CR Coil/WR Coil/TMT Rods etc.) – NRs. 14 + VAT (Per MT)
- with total rate for ton of Nrs344.00 +Vat
Above quoted rates are on per metric ton basis and applicable along with the following terms and conditions apply:
- Transportation is on account of the customer. The customer shall make arrangement for trucks/trailers for taking delivery of the cargo on their own. Unloading of cargo from rake and loading onto truck/trailers only will be covered under the above terminal handling charge.
- Free time for removal of cargo is 3 days (excluding date of unloading). The following open yard charge will be applicable and collected, on remaining balance, if cargo is not removed within free time.
- Date of unloading + 3 day - Free
- 5 – 7 days - 44/ton/day
- 8th Day onwards - 66/ton/day
- It is proposed that on arrival of rake, customers shall arrange at least 14 vehicles for taking direct delivery of cargo, otherwise shifting of cargo will be undertaken and charged at the rate of NRs. 229+VAT per metric ton.
- Weighbridge charges at the rate of NRs. 121/vehicle (+ VAT) will be charged and it has to be deposited before the dispatch of cargo from ICD Birgunj.
- The above quoted rates in point no. 2 will be charged on iron and steel cargo stock remaining at ICD Birgunj without fail from Poush 23, 2074 (Jan 07, 2018). If the importers/customers are not paying the open yard charge & shifting charge there shall be no liability on HTPL for the payment of DC, in view of congestion of the unloading point made by the importers/customers.
- Customers are requested to complete the Custom formalities regarding deposit of Custom duties for taking direct delivery of cargo.
- Advance consent of HTPL to be taken for planning a rake into ICD Birgunj for smooth operation and avoid detention. Demurrage if any after placement of rake at Line No. 6 would be borne by HTPL provided the cargo is supported with proper dunnage. HTPL is not responsible for demurrage on rakes arriving without proper dunnage. In case the rake is placed on non – working (stabling) line then any DC accrued will be on customer/importer account.
- It is requested that iron and steel cargo be booked on flat wagons only. BOST & other BOXN wagons may be avoided to minimize handling time and chances of accidents.
- Payment of terminal handling charge on arrival and handling of rake & before of dispatch of cargo at the Commercial Counter. After Customs Clearance and deposit of terminal handling charge only the gate pass for removal of cargo will be issued.
- It is also brought to notice of all customers that recently the Indian Railways has issued circular with regards to free time and has reduced it to 7 hours from the previous 8 hours on BOST & BOXN wagons. Hence we request customers to book their cargo on Flat (BRN) wagons only.
(Senior Manager - Finance)